How to create a Custom Home page using Content://com.android.browser.home/ ?
Do you have an Android cellphone?? And Do you know that there are few complexities with your mobile, since the maker of the telephone has coated its branding, down to locking the browser’s main page to a page by using their info onto it. This would impact the user experience. The fantastic thing is there are some solutions which you need to know.
If you are unable to find the solution for changing the homepage of your mobile browser, then you may need to explore the possibilities of changing the browser. The main reason for this issue is due to the result of the producer’s bloatware, but whatever the motive, there’s always a solution for a problem. We only need information on how this can be handled.
With the advance in technology there are wide varieties of smartphones in the market, the smartphone arena is currently very competitive. Apart from all the advancements in technology, there are some major things that android mobiles appear to be infested with: advertisements and hard-coded required settings and applications.
Content://com.android.browser.home/ can also be called a URI. The URI signifies the home page which is the default option that’s connected to by the internet browser. Therefore, in the event that you want to alter it, then you simply have to modify the URI to anything new address you would like the browser to start to. It is simple! Let us take a peek at how to do it.
- In most of the smartphones, you can get this by following these steps:
- Open the default internet browser, in your android phone.
- Click on the menu, which probably is observable on the top-right side of the screen.
- In the menu, there is an option called ‘settings’ and when you hover on it, you can find a sub-menu from there look for the ‘Android Settings’ and tap on it.
- Tap on the ‘General’ and click on ‘Set Homepage’. Give the URL that you wish to set as the default page of your browser.
If you are unable to view the above-mentioned options, then there is an other method to do it.
- Choose a website which you would like to set it.
- Navigate through the pages of the website and click on the ‘Star icon’ at the top right corner of your screen, which is saved as a bookmark.
- Proceed to the Saved Bookmarks/History
- Locate the website that you stored and tap and wait.
- There is an option with ‘Set Homepage’ click on it.
How to create a custom Home page in Android mobile??
It is not mandatory to use the default web browser or built-in internet browsing program offered by the producer of your mobile phone. In the play store, you can find multiple types of browsers, you just have to install them. There are so many applications which are free, explore them and install on your device.
Firefox is a fantastic alternative, and in the event that you currently have it installed on your desktop computer, then it is workable to have it also in your own android mobile phone.
Why? Well, since it is very simple to synchronize the Firefox of your mobile phone with the one that you have installed onto your computer only once you log in using the identical account.
This means that now all of your internet activity, notifications, interests, autocomplete together with all of your bookmarks and passwords that are saved will be automatically synchronized with your mobile phone. There is an option to set a custom homepage, if you have Firefox as the default browser of your mobile.
Follow the below steps:
- Open the preferences of your mobile phone. Look for Google and click on it.
- Open the program referred to as “Google Settings” and view the applications.
- Also check for the default apps, click on the ‘settings’ which is on the top right corner.
- Look for the ‘Advanced Default Software Explorer program’ option.
- Subsequently, simply touch the Advanced Default Software Explorer program
With this process, you can easily place the information: //com.android.browser.home/ in your mobile. You don’t need to think about the pop-up that asks you to pick a browser each time.
Let’s find the shortcuts on taking screenshot on MAC